1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
As the Product Manager in charge of new deposit product development for savings and CD products, you will be part Consumer Bank Savings & Pricing team, which is responsible for managing a portfolio of $150B+ in deposits. You’ll be joining a passionate team of engineers, designers, and analysts working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank and manage their money.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and end-to-end development of new Consumer Bank savings and CD deposit products, from idea through implementation.
- Gathering and synthesizing information from a variety of sources to set product strategy: customer and associate empathy research, market and internal product performance data, competitive analysis, etc.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Learning constantly. Work directly with technologists to cutting edge financial products.
- Working with leadership to align teams around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones.
- Planning for and executing product pilot and rollout programs.
- Overseeing cross-functional efforts that pull together partner team members from such departments as sales and service, marketing, fraud, and more to ensure delivery alignment.
- Interacting with other product managers in developing best practices.
Here is what you bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.