Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday's Financial Management application provides a state-of-the-art foundation for transactional efficiency and control, and delivers unparalleled insight to both finance and business managers with one system for accounting, consolidation, planning, procurement, projects, reporting, and analytics. The Workday Financials Product Management team influences and drives the design of this revolutionary product that is experiencing significant growth.
What a Product Manager (PM) does at Workday:
- Innovates: By combining functional / operational knowledge (e.g. accounting close, cash management, revenue recognition, procurement etc.), the ability to think analytically and a passion for making a difference, the PM designs p roducts that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems, requires minimal training and is user friendly without sacrificing functionality and compliance.
- Collaborates: The PM serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences. Represents the product team in scrum meetings and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Provides sales team with demos or presentation to prospective customers. Collaboration is key to success.
- Executes: Plans releases and sets roadmaps. Tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product using Agile.
- Makes Customers Happy: Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, QA, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Leads: Point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides coaching, mentoring and support to staff on both technical and non-technical issues. Identifies and researches trends to contribute to product roadmap.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Product Management - Settlements with a deep understanding of enterprise software solutions for settlements and payments to lead and manage a team of experienced product managers. As Settlements is a highly integrated product, you will collaborate across application teams that support a large number of live customers globally. In addition, you will participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert. This position is based in our Pleasanton, CA headquarters.
What skills are needed to be successful:
- At least 12 years experience as an enterprise financials Product Manager, Applications Development Manager, Strategist or Consultant with Settlements or Payments domain knowledge
- Experience managing and inspiring a distributed team of product managers
- Deep knowledge of global payment localization requirements, high volume settlements, payment methods and systems, integrations, payment acknowledgements and returns, in addition to payment message formats and standards
- Experience with SaaS is highly desired
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a plus
- BS / BA, MBA degree
Our Pleasanton, CA headquarters is located within 5 minutes of BART and other public transportation. Our highly collaborative culture thrives by working onsite as a team within the functional domain. Relocation may be available for this role.
If you want to contribute to the design of our revolutionary cloud-based, user-friendly enterprise financials management product, Click "apply now" to share your resume or LinkedIn profile.
*LI-AC About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.