As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centers/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications.
The Offer Strategist will work in the U.S. Energy Business’ Offer Management team and report to the Director of Offer Management. The team is responsible for Medium Voltage products (2.4-52 KiloVolt) and solutions offered by Schneider Electric in North America. The role of the Offer Strategist will encompass the following general responsibilities:
- Perform market analysis, economic/market forecasting, business case development, and prepare/present presentations to executives.
- Estimate market/competitor’s business performance and positions.
- Propose and implement the offer strategy of the department, in collaboration with Canada, Mexico, and the Energy Line of Business.
- Create and manage the offer roadmaps, maximizing market share and profitability. Understand customer values, application requirements, competitive environment, and anticipate their evolution.
- Contribute to the definition of Schneider Electric’s standardization strategy.
- Build the specifications for new offers and offer adaptations and ensure the follow up of the portfolio.
- Elaborate the offer pricing strategy, monitor implementation, control globally the results.
- Define the needs in terms of offer documentation, tools, software, etc. Animate the exchange of experience and best practices. General Outcomes may include:
General Measures of Success may include:
- Positive business results
- Offer technology management including next generation solutions
- Preparation and input for Line of Business budgeting prioritization process
- Institutionalize Voice of the Customer
- Dedicated proactive/strategic resource not consumed by other priorities
- Migrate from Market follower to Market leader
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Quality, speed, etc. from generated deliverables
- Identify new channels to Market
- Increase product available market & serviceable available market (PAM & SAM)
- Redefine Market – Increase total available market (find blue ocean)
- N-3 New Product Sales...meeting or exceeding business case forecast
- Global Brick/Global Platforming and/or harmonization amongst subsidiaries
- Reduce offer complexity (number of platforms/components)
Secondary Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare reports, presentations, analysis as inputs for executive decisions.
- Professionally and competently directly interact with wide range of internal and external customers
- Monitor, document and explain industry trends, specifically in energy intense Utility, Oil & Gas and Industrial Markets
- Be the subject matter expert on internal and external customer applications and needs
- Keeps a pulse on the competitive landscape
- Communicate ideas/concepts, business cases, and market dynamics to Senior Management
- Develop and propose business cases for investment
- Conduct Voice of Customer / Ethnography studies
- Analyze data to identify customer pain points and needs
- Identify opportunities for innovation (products, solutions, channel, &business models)
- Build Marketing requirements for new products /solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team in charge of developing new products / solutions
- Define product offer strategies
- Follow up projects after delivery of Marketing requirements to ensure success
- Conduct competitive features and pricing analysis
- Develop value propositions to promote medium voltage solutions and that support strategies
- Participation and leadership in Industry influencing activities including Codes & Standards committees
This position provides a unique opportunity to work with true industry leading experts in many technical and business functions. The focus of the position is to provide information to leadership to effectively run the business and to ensure that the future Schneider Electric's medium voltage switchgear and motor control offer will exceed our customer's needs. We are seeking a candidate with high potential to grow in the organization. Qualifications: Primary Skills and Minimum Requirements:
Differentiating factors/Desired Requirements:
- Strategic thinking
- Accountable, self-motivated and proactive
- Solid and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Entrepreneur and self-starter
- Business savvy
- Strong understanding of Marketing, Ethnography and Innovation principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English Language)
- Technically inclined with a strong understanding of medium voltage power applications including associated communication, protection and control.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in Electrical Engineering or business)
- Previous Offer/Business Strategy role with competitor or applicable 5-10 years experience in the creation of and/or application of medium voltage electrical distribution equipment (either end user or with major competitor)
- Approx. 20% travel - both domestic and international
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Former Offer/business strategy role with competitor
- Software, communication, & control/SCADA systems expertise is a plus
- New product development experience/exposure
- Electric Utility, Oil & Gas, or heavy Industrial electrical power distribution application experience (5-38kV)
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer