Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager, Professional Education Program & Curriculum Design, to be located in Cincinnati, OH or Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
The Manager, Professional Education Program & Curriculum Design is accountable for the flawless development of Professional Education content throughout the Education Continuum in key focus areas within General Surgery, Hernia, Bariatric Colorectal, Gynecology/Urology, CV, Thoracic, Neuro-Spine, Surgical Oncology, Energy, Wound Closure, MIP. This should be achieved through strong clinical / customer knowledge along with exceptional collaboration and teamwork with Faculty, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Accounts and Global Education Solutions teams. The Manager has responsibility for: US National Programming, content/curriculum development, Faculty Management (Tier 1), integration of innovative technologies, budget management, and adherence to critical functional processes. This individual is responsible for adhering to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as Company Health Care Compliance policies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
• Market and Industry Knowledge: Understand and apply market, industry, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge. Understand the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing stakeholders, and apply knowledge to shape Professional Education curriculum and content. Participate in benchmarking of MD&D and other industries for best-in-class. Professional Education and adult training. Attend National Society meeting sessions and incorporate learning into current content where appropriate.
• Product, Clinical, and Disease State Knowledge: Deep clinical and disease state knowledge to create effective and accurate learning solutions for Professional Education. Understand the applicability of competing products in targeted procedures.
• Customer Insights: Acquire and translate customer insights into curriculum and content as it relates to unmet needs and future educational offerings
• Business Acumen: Execute the US Prof Ed Specialty Business Plan by developing and executing the prioritized program and curriculum builds including new product launches. Manage within budget for the curriculum builds. Collaborate with the GES Operations team and the Delivery team to measure results through follow-up and metrics. Work with business partners to develop resource requirements, ROE (Return on Education) measurement, and desired business outcomes.
• Leadership & Partnerships: Lead the Procedure Strategy Team (PST) curriculum needs assessment program, collaborative insight generation, and content design process. Collaborate with GES Design counterparts, including Sales Design leads as well as other departments/business units/other J&J companies during program and content creation to leverage content components, to reduce redundancies and ensure efficient process. Develop and maintain relationships with external faculty and vendors to effectively create Professional Education program and content.
• Curriculum/Program Development & Execution: Lead program content/curriculum development aligned with US Specialty and Brand Marketing plans. Develop project plans with clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables. Submit all content through the Copy Review process, keeping all content current, ensuring all content is approved for use and has met regulatory requirements. Develop educational brochures for internal and external promotion. Provide an annual Prof Ed needs assessment and maintain a faculty workbook.
• Technology: Accountable to understand and utilize existing and new technology; Digital, Simulation or Tele-Mentoring/Webcasts to effectively integrate and reinforce key learning concepts throughout the Education Continuum. Design and implement complementary non-course educational material (e.g., e-learning, web site content, procedure videos) for prioritized learning continuums
• Global Mindset: Understand the global business environment and help enable global capability through creation of content for the Train the Trainer models and best practice sharing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 years of business experience required
- 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in medical device required
- Experience in Sales, Marketing or Professional Education within MD&D required
- Knowledge of key specialties aligned to the role required
- MBA or certification in an educational or training-related field/program preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies Instructional design experience, e.g.; building curriculum for Healthcare providers preferred
- Experience in designing distance learning preferred
- Experience in telementoring, surgical simulation and innovative training modalities preferred
- KOL interaction/management preferred
- This position will require up to 40% travel
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function