About the Role:
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate to join the Professional Services team in a managerial role. The ideal candidate will manage and support Implementation Project Managers in their responsibility to deliver on all aspects of projects, including but not limited to budget, resources, timeline, solution delivery, articulating functionality, use cases, benefits and best practices of our applications. Additionally, the candidate will work with cross-functional teams & financial institution clients (business and technology) to deliver tailored, risk-managed money movement implementation solutions. Team deliverables may include new implementations, process management, data migrations, and/or client-directed product enhancements supporting the client’s use of our products. The Manager will act in the capacity of “Account Point of Contact” for a set of clients.
About our Business:
Fiserv provides innovative, online financial applications for banks, credit unions and wealth management firms. With these applications, financial institutions are able to create compelling online & mobile offerings that attract customers, generate revenues and reduce costs. Our technology enables online bill payment, inter-institution money movement, person to person email payments, instant online account opening and funding and account aggregation for both retail end users and investment advisors. We support both fully hosted ASP applications and tightly integrated API implementations. These proven solutions are flexible, scalable and supported by extensive risk management capabilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coaches and mentors Project Managers, colleagues and clients through projects in the most efficient, time driven manner while championing Fiserv quality goals; requires a high level of accountability for tasks and deliverables.
- Develops and establishes department standards and procedures. Recommends most efficient ways to ensure best implementation practices of new or upgraded products. Evaluates and reports on progress and results.
- Participates in team hiring and performance management processes and provides input to the staffing budget process.
- Clearly articulates Fiserv electronic payments application functionality, use cases, benefits and best practices to clients. Assists sales and technical sales support teams in closing new or renewed business.
- Translates client requirements into solutions supported by Fiserv product offerings
- Handles client escalations regarding features, functionality, budgets, timelines and priorities to ensure projects stay within scope and schedule.
- Translates client needs to the Product team for consideration into future product releases.
- Simultaneously manages several staff and projects (client-facing and internal) of various sizes.
- Engages in business development and sales activities; develop pricing proposals, Statements of Work, and Work Orders; and sees them through full execution.
- Tracks project financials, including accurate forecasts and budget vs. actual tracking. Negotiates priority of client demands against the availability of resources, influences internal and external stakeholders to find common ground.
- Oversee product customization / enhancement projects for clients, including all internal and external partner coordination for timely delivery.
- Supervise and provide performance and career development guidance to a set of direct reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in professional/client services management (manage associate Project Managers as well as budgets, schedules, resource allocation, client relationships, design of scalable processes, etc).
- Strong time management skills.
- Developing solution documents, presentations, pricing proposals, statements of work, or other client-facing documents.
- Project management processes and methodologies, including tracking/managing project financials and budgets
- Project management tools experience including MS Project.
- Knowledge of time-tracking and other professional services automation tools (e.g. Clarity).
- Experience in requirements and gap analysis; project scoping; and effort estimation.
- Developing, customizing, and/or integrating with Web-based applications.
- Driving systems integration efforts in a matrixed organization or across different departments.
- Understand the business of “Risk” and how technology & client business decisions impact risk.
- Managing multiple clients and/or client projects simultaneously; can easily and effectively shift focus from one project to another when multiple concurrent projects are involved.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong communication skills.
A little about us: