Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the daily operations, performance, and activities of a team of dynamic Retail Customer Project Managers. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions and resolves escalations in an organized and timely fashion. Contributes to the development and execution of the organization's operational strategy. Interprets operational strategy and develops team objectives to align with this strategy. Implements business standards, goals, strategies, procedures, and objectives that are competitive with industry standards. Collaborates with other Comcast Business teams to provide a best in class experience for our internal and external customers.
- Manages the day to day activities of a team of customer project managers responsible for the coordination and successful implementation of Comcast Business Advanced Voice and Ethernet, including associated SMB products during installation of services.
- Acts as a technical resource to team members and for lateral departments.
- Ensures proficiency and continuity of project managers through optimum selection, training and development, appraisal, and motivational techniques.
- Sets team priorities and checks work performance on regular intervals.
- Assigns and load balances work across a team of customer project managers.
- Directs and monitors implementation activity across primary Division and/or Region assignment ensuring compliance to M&Ps and recognized best practices.
- Reviews and validates data within Order Management tools to identify risks, issues and gaps; works with cross functional teams to mitigate risks.
- Provides strategic support for customer project managers as follows: (1) resolves systemic process gaps and issues, (2) identifies systemic tasks completion issues and develops solutions to resolve, (3) defines standards and implements appropriate quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance and (4) provides support for new product and systems launches.
- Proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements that will ensure the operational efficiency of the team and the success of the implementation of services.
- Determines overall staffing requirements relating to the team. Conducts interviews, hires, and trains new employees for specific project assignments.
- Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings and one-on-ones with the team and individual Customer Project Managers in order to ensure a quality employee and customer experience.
- Coaches, develops and evaluates order management personnel in compliance with Comcast requirements for employee performance management and provides feedback to the team.
- Partners and collaborates with Divisional and Regional teams to ensure alignment around implementation and improving the customer experience to ensure operational goals are met.
- Resolves issues affecting implementation, scheduling, quality, etc. Escalates issues requiring higher-level review and/or action to senior leadership, as necessary.
- Maintains effective business and field leadership communications and relationships.
- Works with various managers and leaders to lay out project implementation guidelines and plan for manpower and/or other resource requirements.
- Manages projects of major importance to overall business operations by reporting status, tracking delays, and making required adjustments.
- Directs project teams in the development and implementation of project plans.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Negotiates, administers, and monitors contracts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer