What you’ll be doing...
The Manager, Project Managementis responsible for leading a team of project leaders who deliver business and technology solutions and associated services for Verizon Telematics customers. This includes project planning, estimation, solution implementation and ensuring risks and issues are effectively managed to ensure successful deployment of Mobile Enterprise Management solutions. The Manager, ProjectManagement is also expected to assist as a subject matter expert in key strategic sales opportunities as well as to personally provide project leadership to select customers.
This position will be located in our Verizon Telematics office in San Diego, CA.
- Facilitate a collaborative, knowledge sharing and continuous learning environment within the Project Leadership practice to allow growth in skills and knowledge for all practice members
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty through effective leadership and mentoring of team that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Collaborate as a member of the Professional Services management team to improve services delivery, including providing input to professional services strategy and assistance in developing the business model as trends emerge and new market demands evolve
- Ensure the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities within the practice to meet the project requirements, ensuring effective identification and management of scope, cost, schedule and risk dimensions of project delivery
- Timely and accurate tracking, forecasting, reporting and optimization of financial cost elements associated with project delivery and team management (margin and expense management)
- Effectively manages headcount / utilization, expenses, financial goals and other operating issues to support the business
- Proactively lead the development and management of services relationships with senior management of customers, prospects, and business partners.
- Strong ability to effectively articulate the business and technical value of Verizon Telematics solutions to clients (internal and external)
- Estimates time and resources in support of developingSOWs or proposals
- Inspire team participation and creativity. Mentor individual team members and provide timely written feedback and adhere to corporate processes regarding the ongoing development of employees within the practice
- Aligns team and individual goals with the overall Professional Services goals / plan
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Must have appropriate level of experience. (10+ years in Professional Services and 7+ years in Management or Project Management)
- Established track record in driving transformational change in the Professional Services arena
- An ability to inspire, energize and motivate teams across all service functions; able to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Sound business acumen; ability to drive and lead function to next level in development; ability to embrace and lead change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to thrive in matrixed work environment; the ability to accept tasks and balance the needs to multiple constituents.
- Can be successful with resources distributed across a broad geography. This includes addressing the communication and collaboration challenges of resources working across multiple time zones.
- Open to travel up to 25-50%.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.