Manager, Project Management
This role sits within our engineering organization and is responsible for supporting the delivery of key technical and business capabilities as well as effectively anticipating, managing and communicating both timelines and risks to the wider business. As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for the delivery approach and strategy, and in turn supporting and driving the team(s) to deliver to this approach. This will include: ensuring the inputs to engineering are appropriately understood and refined; setting objectives based on data (team data and wider data inputs); managing risks and dependencies to successful conclusions; driving team improvements and influencing resource allocation to ensure the teams are set up for success.
Our Technical Project Managers bring an understanding of systems, their possibilities and limitations, and use this knowledge to translate technology changes back to our product and business needs.
We anticipate that you will:
Your experience may look something like this:
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as a program manager, product manager, or business analyst
- At least 4 years’ experience leading cross-functional efforts and working closely with analytics, user research, designers, development teams, and business stakeholders
- At least 3 years’ experience writing formal business and technical requirements and documentation
- At least 3 years of experience using Agile methodologies for product development
- Masters / MBA degree
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.