Manager, Project Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Manager of Project Management at Capital One, you will develop and drive the strategy for executing on high priority projects for the Complaints Ops Org. You will work with smart and passionate people while leveraging a Design Thinking approach in reinventing the Escalation/Complaints model. You will be responsible for implementing a model with a Purity of Purpose focus, is simple from the AXP & CXP perspective, and creates a clear path for resolving customer issues. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key leaders across the company to understand the current needs and nuances. Your work will include systems integrations, people impacting changes, and program management. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects and peers
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 2 Years of Project Management experience
- 2 Years of People Management experience
- PMP and/or Agile certification
- Master’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.