Manager, Project Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Manager Project/Portfolio Manager at Capital One, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Develop mechanism to build strategic imperatives and overall roadmap for 2017 initiatives, including partner resource groups
- Partner with additional value stream Portfolio Managers to share roadmap with partner teams, and assist with building their individual roadmaps in support of the overall organization
- Lead portfolio meetings and other team sessions, driving teams against the strategic imperatives and overall value stream roadmap
- Lead prioritization discussions, assisting the team in understanding impacts of new requests compared with previously developed roadmap, including trade-offs and resource constraints
- Think broadly across organization, while also focusing individually on specific value stream
- Drive continuous improvements in the Portfolio Management role, in conjunction with additional Portfolio Managers, to create value for value stream leaders, stakeholders and partner groups
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 Years of Project Management experience
- Masters Degree
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- PMP Certification
- Lean Certification
- Agile Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.