Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description
Provide day-to-day direction of staff and manage the Project Leader Team to achieve client and company goals and/or initiatives; Support direct reports and drive continuous improvement in processes and procedures used by the project team; May perform duties and responsibilities of Project Manager when needed, for short-term or long-term assignments.
- This position involves extensive mentoring and professional development of direct staff within the Project Leader Team.
- Manage assigned staff and day-to-day activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable regulations
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; mentoring and training staff; performance management, including appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees as applicable.
- Continuous assessment of talent within project management and drive consistent, high-quality project management services.
- Develop and encourage a culture of delivering 'best-in-industry' customer service by ensuring rapid identification of issues and problems and ensuring timely communication of resolution outcomes to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that studies are planned and executed in accordance with FDA, ICH, and/or EMEA guidelines and that Good Clinical Practices are followed at all times.
- Report metrics to line management related to productivity and quality.
- Act as a champion or business process owner as appropriate to ensure that Six Sigma or other projects are completed as described in the project charter and within the timelines agreed by company management.
- Participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
- Serve as liaison between Project Services, internal departments, external vendors and the sponsor during the life cycle of the project(s).
- Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, co-operation, sharing of information and teamwork.
- Lead communications and activities that further enhance the Project Services Team.
- Initiate and manage appropriate customer healthcheck calls for staff as applicable.
- Represent the company at Investigator/ Monitor meetings, internal and external authorities of regulatory bodies, and other Face to face meetings, as necessary.
- Participate in external and internal audits/inspections, as required.
- Report on team performance against contract, client expectations, and project baselines to management.
- Demonstrate strong organization management skills with the ability to develop and manage cross functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and client management skills.
- Strong knowledge of project management and laboratory processes required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced while possessing strong organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills including good command of the English language.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Direct line management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences and/or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in clinical trials research, project management or laboratory environment.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.