Lead and manage the Quality Assurance Department to ensure the production of high quality product at the lowest cost, while meeting the demands of our customers.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Select, supervise, and develop Quality Assurance personnel
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency all QA testing processes
- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Oversight of the Quality Hold process for raw materials and finished goods to ensure quality and food safety through thorough and timely review and disposition
- Lead the site Food Safety team to drive continuous improvement in our food safety processes and controls.
- Participate in Coca-Cola, Federal and State communications and/or audits, including reporting of any quality, food safety, safety or environmental information to the above noted entities.
- Manage the plant CAPA process including ensuring timely closure of action items
- Partner with operations management on process equipment and product/package troubleshooting and innovation
- Collaborate with operations in order to improve Coca-Cola quality indices
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of water processing and water treatment operations
- Ensure safety of all personnel within the department
- Establish, submit, and balance the yearly departmental budget
- Ensure departmental compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the principles of manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- HACCP, Statistical Process Control
- Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- 3+ years Food and beverage experience, 3+ years manufacturing experience
- 2-3 yrs. of increasing levels of supervisory roles of people & processes
- Experience in the coaching and developing employees to build capabilities
- ISO (22000, 9000, 14001, etc.) or other management system
- Lean, Six Sigma certification - Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- Working knowledge of food safety
- SPC software
- Project Management
- Manage budgets and spending controls
- Laboratory equipment management
- Change Management
- Experience using relevant SAP applications, preferred
- HACCP Coordinator Certification, preferred
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferred: Bachelor's Degree - Technical or Food Science Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHERSTAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE ANOWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others# development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top