More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
Manager, R&D Finance Systems will support the R&D Finance organizations by managing operation of R&D finance systems and monitoring performance and accuracy. Will liaison with Information Technology in regards to the maintenance, enhancements, requirements specification, reporting, and testing of financial systems and software. Support the development of a long-term financial systems strategy, including vision, approach, plans and timeline. Initiate continuous enhancement efforts in the design of various internal and external financial reports to provide end-users with improved financial clarity, structure and content. Participate in special projects, as requested. Assist in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to financial systems. This position will play a key role in assisting R&D Finance in ensuring that system functionality is maximized. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Manage efficient day to day processing and integrity of the supported financial applications, including month end close cycle and quarterly budget/forecasting. Ensures required audit documentation and validation reports for applications are maintained. Documents exceptions and communicates issues to management. Works closely with supporting teams to resolve exceptions and ensure the accuracy of the application.
- Develop and maintain master data, hierarchies (business unit, chart of accounts, program/project, and allocations, etc.), calculations, financial performance ratios/metrics and multiple database versions in Cognos TM1 and other supported applications. Assists users with interpretation of hierarchies and reference materials.
- Manage support of the R&D Finance Planning & Analysis organization through automation of the annual budget & forecasting process.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance and global finance systems team relative to Takeda's accounting and financial reporting systems (SAP, Cognos TM1, Hyperion HFM). Partners with the Information Technology department on the implementation of enhancements and fixes for the finance systems.
- Work closely with R&D Finance, portfolio analytics, and IT teams to identify areas of opportunity to leverage technology to drive efficiencies and standardization that will reduce cycle time, and increase productivity across the entire organization. Studies manual financial processes and procedures and makes recommendations on how to automate.
- Oversee analysis user problems related to IBM Cognos TM1 and related reporting systems, determines and recommends optimum resolution based on system capabilities and user needs.
- Manage systems testing for scheduled / unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, new components, and patches.
- Develop and tests new or modified report formats, customized programs to manipulate data; creates or updates functional specifications for new or modified reports and applications; coordinate with lead user and developer to test and implement new or modified programs as needed.
- Develop and manage financial and management reports to support the organization's financial reporting needs. Work closely with the Finance management to ensure that information is reported in a format that is consistent with the department standards, is accurate and meets the needs of the users.
- Oversee application security and end user access profiles. Monitor end user activity. Ensure compliance with internal security policies.
- Design and maintain end user production reporting. Assist end users with report and query development and maintenance in supported applications. Distributes reports to business line users, as applicable. Create ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as requested.
- Develops documentation and training for end users on how to effectively use financial management system features and related applications. Develops policies and procedures in relation to financial systems. Ensures that all policies and procedures focus on maintaining good internal controls.
- Evaluate and make recommendations of software solutions
- Manages technical development activities using project management methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or a related field preferred; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related business experience required; previous experience working in pharmaceutical or healthcare preferred.
- Minimum 5 years financial systems management experience required
- The ability to review financial processes and internal controls and make recommendations to improve processes whether through the financial systems or change in operations.
- The ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone or in person, and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to anticipate customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to organize and focus people on key priorities in order to complete several tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to build a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions and roles, and leverage formal and informal networks to accomplish goals.
- Encourages new ideas and innovative approaches in order to continually improve processes.
- Proven project management skills - gaining commitment from team members and colleagues to act on strategies, plans, and goals.
- Prior experience with Cognos TM1, Hyperion Planning, or similar is required.
- Business Intelligence, analytics, reporting and visualization technical expertise is required.
- Database management understanding and reporting experience required.
- Computer software proficiency to include Microsoft Office applications and financial type systems.
- Assume 10% travel, primarily international.
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.