At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Accountable for the in-field application of policies and procedures relating to applied Radiation Protection programs. Directly manages the Radiation Protection ALARA Analysts and Radiation Protection Planner activities in their daily support of plant Operations and maintenance activities. Is responsible for assuring that the Radiation Protection Department maintains a strong ALARA program through proper monitoring, assessments, and evaluation of plant exposure data. Is responsible for the regulatory knowledge and training of the ALARA staff necessary to improve station and departmental performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Owner of the Sites ALARA program. Ensure that the ALARA program meets the standards set forth in the guidance documents and maintains site exposure as low as achievable.
- Participate in Business Planning, Budget and Business Performance review regarding RP and the site. Fulfill managerial responsibilities regarding assigned staff (e. g. Employment, Development, Compensation, Performance Evaluation, etc. ). Ensure consistent and effective work force practices through assigned supervisors/functions.
- Assist the Radiation Protection Technical Support Manager in developing, reviewing and implementing department procedures and policies, and assuring that these documents meet all federal and company regulations.
- Attend Peer meetings to assure that industry best practices and standards are being implemented effectively and uniformly across all sites.
- Accountable for ensuring that department activities, priorities and resources are being managed effectively.
- Providing Critical observations and feedback to site and departmental staffing to foster continuous improvement.
- Must have Bachelors degree in Health Physics or equivalent B. S. Degree o equivalent and a minimum of 5 years professional level experience at a nuclear reactor facility
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in radiation protection at a nuclear reactor facility
- Successful completion of NRRPT or CHP certifications
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Must be technically knowledgeable of regulatory and industry standards for highly effective ALARA programs
- Must have demonstrated written and oral communicative skills
- Responsible for the budgets in the areas ALARA, Exposure Control, Remote Monitoring and Source Term Reduction.
- Direct supervision of the Rad Engineering Group and proper application of MARC principles.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster