Oversee management of real estate developments within a division, from the strategic selection process or sites to actual acquisition, and preparation for construction.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Determines the optimal deployment into new markets or the optimal market coverage to complement the current Home Depot deployment, in coordination with Store Planners.
- Acquires land drafting letters of intent, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and development of reciprocal easement- and other agreements.
- Secures proper zoning for properties, and attains all approvals and permits for the project.
- Directs and coordinates the work of a development team, which includes outside vendors, consultants, and construction staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Sr. Director of Real Estate.
- Direct reports typically include an Administrative Assistant.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management's goals and standards.
- Typically expected to provide infrequent status reports to management only as appropriate.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Advanced degree is preferred.
Eight years of experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Commercial development or brokerage experience.
- Commercial retail, real estate or development experience.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project leadership skills.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!