Manager, Regional Human Resources (Job Number: 024754)
Ft Lauderdale - 11650 MIRAMAR PKWY #101
11650 MIRAMAR PKWY #101
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Accountable for leading and overseeing the delivery of HR products, services, and solutions to an assigned market to include, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of training, performance management, and HR investigations.
- Accountable for driving, delivering, and gaining early adoption of talent and development programs, individual development plans, succession planning, performance management, performance planning and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE Programs for the assigned market.
- Accountable for managing and overseeing all HR processes for an assigned market to include the escalation of HR delivery opportunities related to employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified by Field HR and/or HR shared services.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate leadership and tools are deployed into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws.
- Collaborates with business leaders and other HR, Employee Relations, and Loss Prevention teams to optimize the delivery of meaningful, cost-effective HR products, services, and solutions in a timely manner.
- Conducts and/or collaborates with HR to support functions to include new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Partners with business leaders and HR Shared Services on escalated employee relations cases, conducting appropriate investigations, and brings matters to a reasonable business conclusion. Further escalates cases of significance to higher HR/ER/Legal team members that have the potential of a regional and/or company-wide impact.
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Drive continuous improvement and service delivery excellence throughout the market's or site's HR functions by identifying and adopting best practices, maintaining a proactive sense of the business' needs, and analyzing competitors' activities within the business sector.
- Accountable for the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out and ensures communication, training, and compliance by the market of such deployments.
- Accountable for creating, fostering, managing, and effecting a positive employee relations environment which drive engagement, inclusion, and ensures an environment free of harassment in any form.
- Accountable for identifying training needs and partnering with appropriate HR resources to find solutions to training gaps so as to drive performance and competency improvements within the market.
- Participates in workforce planning for supported businesses within the market and provides supporting justification during the roll-up process.
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for an assigned market or site(s), in consultation and collaboration with other HR team members and business leaders.
- Utilizes appropriate metrics to ascertain program and HR service delivery compliance and the early recognition of deployable best practice modifications.
- Ensures that assigned market maintains a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition, or a High School Diploma and 9 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work; or, at least 5 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training, and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.