Manager Regional Human Resources (Job Number: 027833)
Seattle WA - 2331 130TH AVE NE.
2331 130TH AVE NE STE 200
Partners with the Director, Field HR for leading and overseeing the delivery of HR policies procedures, services, and solutions to an assigned region to include, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of training, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and HR investigations. Accountable for partnering with COEs on developing select products and solutions within these areas. Leads a team of HR professionals in supporting the achievement of the HR strategy, business priorities and key foundational programs. Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates strong understanding of company and HR strategy, ultimately driving translation of strategy to region through talent programs or processes, and partnering with leaders to obtain business outcomes.
- Accountable for developing, driving, delivering, and gaining early adoption of talent and development programs, individual development plans, succession planning, performance management, recruiting strategy and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE Programs for the company or assigned region.
- Responsible for coaching leadership to transform, achieve business and professional goals using Walgreens tools /learning model.
- Accountable for creation of select tools, programs, or solutions under direction of the COE; supports the implementation of HR COE designed strategies, processes, and programs along with providing input and perspectives on COE initiatives.
- Accountable for the education of managers on HR initiatives, processes and strategy; takes appropriate action to support the programmatic delivery of the HR strategy; provides input into how to realize the HR strategy for regional team members.
- Responsible for managing the field recruiter in the implementation and administration of recruitment programs and processes to efficiently and effectively meet business needs
- Accountable for managing and overseeing all HR processes for an assigned region to include the escalation of HR delivery opportunities related to employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified by Field HR and/or HR shared services.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate leadership and tools are deployed into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws.
- Conducts and/or collaborates to deliver HR programs such as new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Partners with business leaders and Employee Relations on escalated employee relations cases, conducting appropriate investigations, and brings matters to a reasonable business conclusion. Further escalates cases of significance to higher HR/ER/Legal team members that have the potential of a regional and/or company-wide impact.
- Acts as a liaison with Employee and Labor Relations to interpret and comply with labor contract requirements.
- May interact with outside representatives at various levels.
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Accountable for the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out and ensures communication, training, and compliance by the market of such deployments.
- Accountable for creating, fostering, managing, and affecting a positive workplace which drive engagement, inclusion, and ensures an environment free of harassment in any form.
- Accountable for identifying business needs and partnering with appropriate resources to find solutions closing these gaps to drive people and business performance resulting in optimal outcomes for the company
- Participates in workforce planning for supported businesses within the region and provides supporting justification through action planning results during the roll-up process.
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for an assigned region or site(s), in consultation and collaboration with other HR team members and business leaders; driving business performance through predictive analysis.
- Ensures that assigned region maintains a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition, or a High School Diploma and 7 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work; or, at least 5 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training, and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- PHR or SPHR Certification as granted by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute).
- Experience providing employee/labor relations support virtually to team members in multiple locations.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.