Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services.
The Health, Safety and Environment Specialist's primary role is to monitor and ensure that all Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs are being complied with by Altice USA. To fulfill this responsibility, the HSE Specialist will be responsible to conduct various field, vehicle and facility HSE audits as well as coach and monitor the HSE responsibilities of line managers to ensure that the company's Health, Safety and Environment goals are being achieved. The HSE Specialist will collaborate with the training group, to monitor and review all HSE training programs as well as assist in the day-to-day HSE issues that arise within their assigned areas, by working with local management to develop an action plan for resolution. The HSE Specialist will conduct facility HSE inspections to ensure both fire/life safety, EPA and OSHA regulations are in compliance. This includes assisting in the identification of any and all city/town and state Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are specific to their assigned areas.
• Bachelor's degree in related field of study
• Minimum of three years' experience in a HSE related function recommended or equivalent
• Minimum of three years of supervisory experience preferred
• HSE risk assessment and mitigation.
• Incident Investigation / Root Cause Analysis
• Previous experience giving presentations to large groups
• OSHA and EPA knowledge
• Strong people skills, problem-solving abilities, empathy for others and a willingness to work together toward the common good.
• Proficient in Windows based computer software applications and communications packages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.