Under general supervision of the Corporate Security and Regulatory Affairs (CSRA) Regional Director/Manager responsible for overseeing monitoring and coordinating all aspects of the Distribution Center's compliance efforts and procedures including DEA OSHA PDMA FDA and DOT. This position is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all divisional corporate and government regulatory requirements in order to reduce exposure to potential fines and citations. Manages the regulatory compliance function in a facility exceeding $2 billion in annual revenue more than 150 associates PkMS or advanced warehouse distribution technology more than 500 primary customers and exceeding 50000 lines per day.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring DEA OSHA DOT and PDMA compliance programs at the operating level and ensures that the Distribution Center maintains compliance with all corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and participates in all controlled substance and listed chemical inventories (daily weekly monthly etc.) and is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of these inventories.
- Reviews Schedule II order forms (narcotic blanks) for accuracy.
- Reviews all reports relating to controlled substance and listed chemical transaction such as daily transaction reports suspicious order reports and inventory adjustment reports.
- Operates as liaison between corporate associates and Federal State and local regulatory agencies.
- Conducts and/or coordinates DEA DOT OSHA and PDMA training for Distribution Center associates.
- Establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe accident free and healthy work environment.
- Maintains all compliance safety records and security files for the Distribution Center.
- Ensures compliance with all "Right to Know" regulations and MSDS requirements.
- Maintains and manages the security systems including Access control.
- Chairs the Health and Safety Advisory Committee.
- Responsible for the recruitment of safety team and any other required committees.
- Directs all maintenance of OSHA records.
- Handles all regulatory compliance reporting correspondence inspections audits and inquiries.
- Manages the Emergency Response Program.
- Responsible for heightening the awareness of security issues and bringing potential diversion activities and security breaches to the attention of CSRA; identifies areas of vulnerability and propose reconciliation procedures; takes prompt correction action when unsafe acts or conditions are observed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory compliance regulations
- Knowledge of Federal State and local regulatory agencies
- Detailed understanding of all warehouse practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective presentation and training skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to follow and interpret government regulatory requirements and changes
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.