The Annuities Suitability Review Team will focus on adherence to suitability obligations through partnership with Compliance, Legal, and Risk. The Team will review the suitability of transactions in accordance with the company’s suitability review process, and determine whether there is a reasonable basis for believing that the producer’s recommendation to purchase, sell, or exchange a product is suitable for the customer based on the information provided by the customer as to his or her other security holdings and financial situation and needs .
The Manager, Regulatory Supervision is responsible for supervising the compliance functions of a clearly defined units’ functions within a major area of a business unit product group. Responsibilities can include both broad compliance issues such as the evaluation of new regulations, research on major issues, development of firm’s response to proposed regulations and more narrowly defined issues. They are responsible for the management of staff, allocating and coordinating resources and handling personnel related issues within parameters of firm and compliance policy. They will supervise and or implement compliance oversight procedures and possess solid knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices of the compliance discipline and apply them to their moderately wide understanding of Prudential products functions. Due to the nature of the work, they tend to have more in depth experience on a moderate range of compliance subjects and will utilizes negotiating skills, and provide counsel to management of sales, marketing, product development, portfolio management and other disciplines to ensure that compliance is attained by identifying problem situations, analyzing causes and recommending corrective action. They will assist in developing compliance policies and procedures that apply to their assigned scope of oversight and will initiate inquiries on an ad hoc basis into compliance matters within their scope. Oversight of the compilation of required regulatory reports and filings or any other information requested by regulatory agencies is also required. Additional responsibilities include:
- Review and understand Company policies, procedures and guidelines regarding suitability of general securities transactions
- S upervise and monitor Annuity Suitability Team to ensure their level of decision making is in adherence to regulations and policies
- Perform review and approval of cases with increased risk and complexity
- Responsible for oversight of Annuities Suitability Review and escalation through the Governing Council Board
- Quarterly and Annual Compliance Due Diligence Review
- Ensure cases are closed in accordance with Company standards
- Bachelor's degree highly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of annuities experience in a management, processing, and/or production role
- A strong level of knowledge/experience relating to annuities suitability preferred
- Experience with FINRA, SEC and state regulations pertaining to suitability issues as they relate to broker dealers, and insurance firms, preferred
- Technically sound with strong process skill set. Able to work through complex scenarios, deliver streamlined solutions and adapt to change preferred
- Demonstrated peer leadership in diverse team settings
- Ability to develop and lead a team and projects
- Experience with workflow management, service level agreement and control adherence
- Comfortable with risk management; to include auditing, control reporting, and financial management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work comfortably at senior levels of the business through clear written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while often challenged with time and resource constraints in a fast-paced environment
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.