The Manager of Field Reporting and Analytics will partner with Oncology sales and brand leadership to set and execute sales force reporting strategy and provide ongoing analysis and insights into key brand issues and opportunities. The individual will proactively analyze brand and field sales, identify trends and potential business issues and present findings and recommendations to sales and marketing management. Working closely with the other BI&A colleagues, including Advanced Analytics, Market Research, and Incentive Compensation, the manager will play a leading role in field execution and subnational data analytics. Additionally, the individual will own the ongoing execution and change management of the Oncology Field Reporting platform (OneLook), providing design and implementation guidance to the platform vendor, training and supporting both field and home office users, assisting in determining long-term strategy for platform evolution and leading operations meetings between matrix team partners.
- Enables flawless execution and delivery of Field Reporting and Business Performance metrics for the US Oncology team
- Partner proactively with sales, marketing and other matrix teams to deliver integrated solutions to emerging issues and questions
- Provide metric development, operational support, and change management for the BMS Field Reporting platform
- Perform QA/QC of all Field Reporting and Business Performance Deliverables
- Identify, analyze and manage resolution of issues identified in deliverables
- Manage relationships with external partners including service providers and data vendors
- Support ongoing changes in sales and marketing landscape such as competitor launches, new data sources, sales force realignments, account cleanup and maintenance, etc.
- Provide functional expertise on Field Execution and Business Planning data
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage Field Reporting aspect of sales inquiry process
- 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience
- Professional experience in an established performance management field (deriving metrics, creating reports, dashboards & scorecards, etc.)
- Expertise in reporting and analytics, sales forecasting, commercial operations, incentive compensation or field force effectiveness processes
- Familiarity with Sales Force Operations and Structures, Targeting, Alignments, Incentive Compensation
- Demonstrated therapeutic knowledge in Oncology
- Significant experience manipulating and interpreting secondary data, including sub-national data sources (IMS DDD, Xponent, APLD)
- Ability to draw inferences from disparate pieces of data, identify key findings, link to implications and provide recommendations in a digestible and business-friendly format
- Strong oral/written communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint and data tools such as MicroStrategy, SQL, SAS, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
- BA/BS required, MBA /other graduate degree preferred