McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Responsible for the efficient execution of US Oncology Research (USOR) clinical trials in the practice setting to meet established accrual targets and practice metrics collaboratively set by the central office and practice leaders. In conjunction with physician site research leader and practice leaders, leads the implementation of established research processes in compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations, International Conference of Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceutical for Human Use (ICH) and USOR Standard Operating Procedures. Monitors and drives site financial performance of the research program. Interfaces with central office team and third party vendors that impact research processes including, but not limited to, study monitors, hospitals, and other service providers.
Assists in developing and executing the annual site research operating plan and the long-term vision for practice research, including growth opportunities. Manages the pipeline for future clinical trials.
Responsible for assigned geographic region. Utilizes an account management approach to insure research is integrated throughout all practice processes including, but not limited to clinical team, revenue cycle, controller, and marketing. Attends site Oversight Meetings and/or Joint Policy Board Meetings.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Oversees the clinical research operations in affiliated practice settings to insure compliance with USOR Standard Operating Procedures and ICH Guidelines.
2. Interfaces with site research leaders – physician site research leader, PIs, clinical and administrative leaders to develop and execute site research operating plan to mutually defined metrics (accrual, financial, quality).
3. Assesses practice patient populations to manage pipeline of clinical trials, developing recruitment strategies, and insuring recruitment commitments are met.
4. Delivers and reviews monthly reports for defined practices; rollup report for Region.
5. Attends >50% site Oversight Meetings for assigned practices and insures compliance with requirements.
6. Insures pre-screening strategy is defined and implemented.
7. Develops research educational tools/classes to meet defined needs.
8 Leads network research initiatives as assigned.
Business Experience –
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) –
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) –