Manager, Retail Strategy Program Development (Job Number: 023321)
Corporate Office - 4050 COMMERCIAL AVE
4050 COMMERCIAL AVE
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Collaborates with Category Management and other cross-functional teams to develop shape programs around merchandise, services and store formats that increase company sales and help Walgreens achieve its goal of being the first choice in health and daily living for everyone in America and beyond. With direction or input from the Senior Manager(s) of Program Design and Implementation, develops and implements effective and profitable merchandising programs that align with company initiatives and drive innovation to help determine the future of Walgreens. Engage subject matter experts within Walgreens to gather insights, develop partnerships, and shape key objectives, service levels, and corresponding program strategies. Programs in scope will include Global Program implementation, Well Experience implementation and other key initiatives. Reports directly to the Senior Manager of Program Design and Implementation. Job Responsibilities
- Utilizes key performance metrics from matrix partners to objectively shape program design and make pivotal program decisions.
- Partners with Senior Manager and cross functional leadership to own the implementation process of strategic initiatives.
- Drives and prioritizes initiatives based upon strategic importance, complexity, urgency, store disruption and return on investment.
- Makes creative recommendations for new program designs regarding efficiency, cost savings or resource allocation by applying and evolving insights from past programs.
- Serves as an objective party to review proposed programs and identify their risks and opportunities regarding alignment with strategic initiatives. Anticipates and proactively mitigates potential roadblocks or issues when designing and implementing programs.
- Collaborates with other key matrix partners, such as Operations, Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Finance and Analytics, to develop holistic program designs.
- Collaborates with Brand Teams to plan, develop, recommend, and coordinate the implementation of new programs
- Manages and supports partnership with Category Management and other key business partners through the formal program approval process with head leadership.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends and competitive landscapes to shape programs that provide relevancy, efficiency and value to the customer.
- Visits Walgreen and competitors' stores and analyzes market trends to keep abreast of current situations and opportunities to increase relevancy, efficiency and value to the customer.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in retail OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in retail.
- Knowledge of retail business financial concepts, to include: penny profit, market share, mark-up percents, turns and ROI.
- Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree/MBA.
- Knowledge and experience in private brands, CPG, or retail.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience managing program and/or process design
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.