At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Ensure the Radiation Protection program is in compliance with federal, state, and company regulations in the areas of monitoring personal internal and external radiation exposure, radioactive waste packaging and shipment, radioactive source control, and instrumentation. Is the site expert with regards to Health Physics technical evaluations and regulatory issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of the Radiation Protection programs including: Unconditional Release, Radioactive Source Control, RP Instrumentation, and Radioactive Material Controls.
- Participate in Business Planning, Budget, and Business Performance review regarding site and Fleet. Fulfill managerial responsibilities regarding assigned staff (e. g. Employment, Development, Compensation, Performance Evaluation, etc. ). Ensure consistent and effective work force practices through assigned supervisors/functions.
- Responsible for maintaining the internal and external dosimetry program and records.
- Accountable for ensuring all Health Physics programs remain healthy from a regulatory and INPO best performance standard.
- Responsible for the management of the Radioactive Waste Shipping Program, including DAW control and storage of radwaste.
- Must have Bachelors degree in Health Physics or equivalent BS degree in science or engineering and five years of professional experience at a nuclear reactor facility
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in radiation protection at a nuclear reactor facility (ANSI 18. 1)
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Must have demonstrated written and oral communicative skills
- Successful completion of either the NRRPT or CHP certifications
- Strong knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations, Station Technical Specifications, and Final Safety Analysis Report documents
- Must receive radioactive material shipping training within one year of assuming position
- Active participant on the Radiation Protection Technical Support Supervisor Peer Group Team.
- Provides site leadership in dealing with continued learning with CAP
- Provides leadership and education to staff members to insure that knowledge transfer occurs.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster