LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Rules of Engagement Manager will own and manage the rules that govern how the LinkedIn Sales teams operate. This role will be responsible for defining the rules, maintaining the rules, enforcing the rules, and managing a mediation process. Working closely with all of the cross functional partners, the Rules of Engagement Manager must be collaborative and have strong verbal and written communication skills. This person will be working closely with leaders from across LinkedIn, including Sales leadership, Sales Operations, Global Compensation, Finance, and Revenue Recognition. Role Description:
- Design, socialize, publish and curate policies related to all sales policies and Rules of Engagement (ROE) process, including intra-business unit and inter-business unit policy documents.
- Investigate and adjudicate disputes based on policy documents and principles.
- Track and document decisions that set precedent on interpretation of policy.
- Establish and maintain appropriate forums and communication channels across all lines of business to bring more policy consistency.
- Identify patterns in friction points across the Global Sales Organization and proactively engage with cross functional peers to develop potential policy-based solutions (compensation/ pricing/packaging/etc).
- Point of contact on cross-Business Unit cash and non-cash rewards earned by sales team.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a management consulting, sales operations or legal affairs role
- MBA, JD, or Master's degree preferred
- Extensive experience with mediation and comfortable with owning tough decisions and dispute resolution
- Sales or pricing/packaging experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills with a talent for simplifying complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to operate and succeed in multiple and diverse policy environments
- Experience managing individuals
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across multiple organizations
- Highly strategic, entrepreneurial, results orientated self-starter
- Driven and collaborative team player
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.