Assists with designing, developing, training and implementing pricing modeling. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the execution of the pricing modeling for pharmacy and health care related products and services, including any of the following: Retail, Mail, Specialty, Immunizations, Healthcare Clinics, etc. that is being presented to Company Senior Management. Responsible for the review of pricing recommendations, financial analysis and analytics, and for all deals.Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains pricing model.
- Leads the development, testing, and implementation of existing and new pricing tools, strategies and processes for pricing analyst's and internal/external clients. Develops new pricing processes, strategies, methodologies, and tools, while continuing to ensure existing process and procedures are meeting the expectations of both internal/external clients and Senior Management.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of various stakeholder groups including Sales, Contracting, etc.
- Leads the preparation of the financial analysis for deals as well as the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key operational metrics and inputs.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the pricing model, processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop sustainable solutions
- Manage team members including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work, and manages teams indirectly across client and operational organizations (including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of the team).
- Partners with internal and external clients during the sales and contracting process to provide financial and pricing guidance to ensure maximum profitability. Works collaboratively with Sales, Account Management, Finance, and Operations to assure proposals meet client requirements.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
#LI-MM2 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of business and/or finance experience preferably in a healthcare setting (for example: Retail Pharmacy, PBM, Pharma company, etc.) OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 5 years of business and/or finance experience preferably in a healthcare setting (for example: Retail Pharmacy, PBM, or Pharma company, etc.).
- At least 2 years of experience manipulating complex data sets.
- Experience building pricing models and/or conducting complex financial modeling.
- Strong critical thinking skills and experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions. Ability to project results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, see trends/patters within data sets, identify root causes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present information to executives and leaders throughout the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines with a quality product.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year experience of cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree / MBA
- Experience in pharmacy industry in areas such as Retail, PBM, Managed Care, Mail Service, and Specialty Pharmacy.