Job Description: SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is responsibility for all safety and environmental compliance matters for the El Monte, CA Distribution Center and Ice Cream Plant. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Supervising and appraising the engineering department training and compliance programs, working with the Chief Engineer.
- Preparing safety policies and procedures in compliance with company, local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Interacting with OSHA, Fire Departments, FDA, California State Department of Agriculture, EPA, AQMD, supervising inspections and responses.
- Conducting scheduled and unscheduled work-site and facility inspections to ensure compliance.
- Partnering with leadership teams to assess work place safety needs, creating action plans, making recommendations to Plant Manager on corrective measures.
- Providing various safety-related training and awareness programs to appropriate personnel in response to regulatory requirements or in response to trends in accidents and/or lost time incidents on a scheduled basis.
- Maintaining all environmental/safety files to maintain 100% regulatory agency compliance including all MSDS and related technical documents.
- Responding to and investigating all safety, workers compensation, health, and environmental issues and violations including any financial impact.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Requirements: Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old for business travel.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ten-key punch speed of 25 SPH.
- Typing speed of 50 WPM.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations This position requires the following:
- Valid driver's license for business travel.
- CPR/first aid certification
Education: Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Chemical/Environmental Engineering or Dairy/Food Science, plus two (2) years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.