- Responsible for identifying opportunities within large chain customers or channels.
- Maximize profitable sales opportunities by thoroughly understanding the complexities of the channel or customer's business and building enduring relationships based on trust and integrity with that customer's management team.
- Successfully sell customer plans that include annual CMA's, strategic and tactical pricing plans along with promotional plans that align with and support the customer's and the Coca-Cola system’s business objectives and strategies.
- Evaluate outlet opportunities. Ability to collaboratively sell and overcome customer objections.
- Assist customers in reaching sales potential on company products by offering creative merchandising ideas.
- Handling customer issues/opportunities promptly.
- Propose appropriate brands, packages, and equipment to satisfy customer and consumer needs while fully leveraging national and local marketing initiatives with customers.
- Develops a customized business plan addressing the critical needs of the customer or channel while delivering Coke system budgeted profit and volume
- Collaboratively develop with customer a strategic plan (price/package) that generates desired results for both the customer and Coke system
- Execute channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand ideas/thinking and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer activity.
- Sell-in and implement promotional strategies for the introduction of new brands and packages
- Activate The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement business plan/solution that meets customer needs and drive beverage category profit and volume, contributing to overall sales growth for the customers' entire business.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly call activity and performance measurements against assigned goals and expectations.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members (e.g. marketing, finance, operations).
- Conduct post promotional analysis measuring the success levels of promotions making any necessary changes.
- Proactively arrange time and territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Host customer events that help align ourselves better with the customer
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a high school diploma required
Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Required: 3-5 years in consumer goods industry
- Minimum of 2 years in consumer products/direct store delivery sales/major account management
- Experience in developing successful annual business plans and price/package for retail customers
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Above average computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- 2 years’ experience in the Coca-Cola system
- Intermediate computer and database application skills preferred
- Bilingual ability preferred (Spanish)
- Experience managing budgets
- Valid driver’s license and driving record within MVR policy guideline
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.