Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The position will report to the Director of WW Sales Finance and will work very closely with Group Vice Presidents within the North America Sales organization. In addition, the position will provide general and ad hoc support to Corporate FP&A to assist in effectively managing requests for information and analysis from senior management and on-going reporting requirements for the business overall.Responsibilities of the position will include:
Education and Experience
- Partner with Group Vice Presidents within the North American Sales organization to budget and forecast bookings and expenses.
- Professionally present monthly and quarterly financial packages. Provide qualitative financial analysis around key performance indicators.
- Utilize financial expertise on policies and best practices in collaboration with Corporate and Revenue Accounting to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities, including revenue recognition and expense categorization.
- Prepare journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of-period accruals, and reclass entries).
- Leverage the Workday Financials system to automate and scale current processes.
- Develop insights on business performance based on the interpretation of financial results
- Propose business process improvements to enhance financial visibility, control, and planning effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of +10 years related experience
- Prior FP&A Finance or Accounting experience supporting sales organization.
- Software and/or internet industry experience
- High proficiency in MS Excel, SFDC, or Tableau
- Sales Compensation Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels throughout the business.
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Strong business sense with ability to utilize financial data to help develop insights into business performance.
- Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning, and forecasting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment