Manages Truckload Services Sales representatives and assists with account management and client business meetings as needed. Ensures the maximum sales volume and profitability for the Truckload branch of RR Donnelley Logistics. This high-visibility position is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing a new sales channel for the Truckload Group. Upon successful implementation, the Director will also be responsible for meeting budget expectations, assisting with recruiting, and coordinating business development activities within the team. In this role, you will monitor external market conditions, educate your team and clients accordingly and collaborate with Training and Operations when necessary for meetings and on special projects.
Work is typically conducted unsupervised with only direction given in terms of desired outcomes. Ability to understand the business strategy and goals to execute key duties and responsibilities to meet goals and objectives. Must be able to re-define processes if needed and provide subject matter expertise when working on assignments that typically have high visibility for the organization. Must be able to collaborate with leadership to help formulate new policies and provide insight and feedback for training.
- Must have confidence and drive taking initiative and leading the team, both through giving direction and leading by example
- Develop and expand a team of commissioned sales representatives, and any other operational positions crucial to the growth and success of this department
- Responsible for the growth of key accounts including the definition, communications, and implementation of efficient and cost effective operational and customer services
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously applying a thorough knowledge of domestic and international logistics products, services and technologies
- Understands and effectively utilizes the resources required to ensure that established objectives are met
- Provides strategic direction for implementing processes and metrics to meet operational and financial objectives
- Provide education and mentoring necessary for sales representatives to achieve KPI goals
- Provide oral and written presentations to senior leadership and/or external customers as necessary
- Protect the RR Donnelley Service Promise by ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are followed
- Foster continuing employee development through daily interaction and monthly reviews
- Educate sales representatives and clients on mode diversity along with market trends & seasonality
- Assist with customer retention along with cross sell opportunities within RR Donnelley
- Support rate negotiation efforts with clients to achieve acceptable or above target profitability metrics
- Serve as a liaison and escalation contact between Inside Sales and other departments
- Identify consistent capacity opportunities within our carrier base that overlap with consistent lane opportunities provided by our clients
- Collaborate with Training to develop operational policies, metrics, and provide feedback and direction in regards to program needs when necessary
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.