Manager Scrum Master/Agile Coach
Do you want to change the way the world banks? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best people in the industry? Are you a person that gets excited around leading teams through change? Are you a servant leader working toward mastery of helping teams become self-organizing and self sufficient? Do you have a desire to further your own knowledge of lean principles and practices to maximize delivery flow? Are you looking for an opportunity to build upon your coaching foundations? If so this job is for you.
Consumer Bank Engineering is hiring an agile coach and Scrum Master to support one or more agile teams within the fast-paced and growing Retail and Direct Bank. In this role, you will be coaching teams to help them maximize their potential. You will play a critical role helping build high performing teams, helping the team continuously improve, and removing barriers that slow the team down. You will participate in building a fun and happy workplace where Teams and Software Engineers will create, innovate and thrive.
-Creates a culture of continuous improvement within the team
-Helps the team remove barriers that slow them down to maximize delivery flow
-Continuous coaching of the team and stakeholders around the team to realize their highest potential
-Fosters open communication and transparency through building trust within teams
-Facilitates or help other team members facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Create visibility to what and how the teams are doing
- Support the Product Owner and Product Manager in maintaining data in the appropriate Agile toolset to provide transparency to the roadmap and related priorities
-Management of sprint team data in Version One or Jira
- Represent the team at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report progress
-Proactively help the team identify and resolve impediments. Ability to facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, effective manner
- Facilitate retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint/project – ensure highest priority retrospective points are followed up on and closed out
- Strong drive to complete when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Be active in Agile communities (internal and external) to share best practices and lessons learned
- Manage relationships with other component teams necessary for product release in a matrixed and distributed environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 4 years in Technology Delivery
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional
- Agile coaching certification
- Scaled Agilist Certification from Scaled Agile Framework
- Engineering experience
- Project Management Professional or Masters Certificate of Project Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.