About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
Areas of prime interest for the S&E Specialty Group in Business Development (BD) are immunology, fibrosis and cardiovascular disease. The candidate will possess scientific expertise in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in one of these therapeutic areas. A solid knowledge of the drug development and the regulatory process is required, as the candidate will be responsible for knowledge management, search activities, and initial technical evaluation of potential transactions for both licensing and M&A. The candidate will be required to lead strategically at all times in the external sourcing of potential new assets for BMS, and also in the internal coordination and project management of early evaluation and diligence with internal subject matter experts. Within BMS, the candidate is required to work with key internal stakeholders to facilitate business development projects. Working primarily with S&E specialty therapeutic area leads and head, but also with R&D and transactions colleagues, the candidate will support the delivery of thorough and efficient technical assessments and evaluations to the relevant BMS governance bodies. Primary Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for knowledge management systems (data entry / extraction data entry into BDepot database) for all specialty BD projects and opportunities
- Identify and assist in the assessment of new opportunities consistent with the Specialty area strategy, including organizing and coordinating triaging process workflows
- Work with S&E Head on Specialty S&E team activities – e.g. team meetings, summary deliverables for governance bodies
- In collaboration with Therapeutic Area leads responsible for coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, and minutes for various BD related teams as needed (e.g.: Licensing teams, Specialty BD Forum, DRC)
- Assist in coordinating BD external partnering events (JPM, BIO, BIO EU, BMS Partnering Days etc.), including materials such as presentations, FAQ and related documents)
- Coordinate with specialty TA leads and BD operations team to ensure specialty project information is updated for BD governance meetings
- Diligence Team Support:
- Maintain team roster
- Diligence planning and meeting scheduling
- Meeting agendas / materials / minutes
- Ensure team access to external company e-room
- Manage team SharePoint
- Support development of diligence team deliverables
At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry or related biotech/healthcare "buy-side" or consulting experience. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and lead others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives. Experience in business development, commercial, clinical development, research or related drug development areas, or project management ideally in one of the areas of interest for the S&E Specialty Group is preferred. Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams customers. Prior exposure to technical diligence process and scientific licensing activities is preferred. Demonstrated experience working across multiple functions in a matrix environment is particularly important. Advanced degree with clinical industry experience or broad experience in a therapeutic area of interest is preferred. In depth knowledge of therapeutic area and related disease states. Understanding of the clinical development process. Understanding of regulatory and related guidelines. Excellent project management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to produce highest level business development work products consistently, through thorough planning and preparation, and thoughtful and rigorous analysis, is fundamental and critical.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.