Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Manage a team responsible for maintaining the integrity of MBS disclosures and meeting our obligations and responsibilities to our Investors as Trustee of the securities. Manage production activities for at-issuance and on-going disclosure to ensure compliance with regulatory, accounting, financial, and operational risk management standards. Train and develop team members. Analyze complex processes, systems, and requests to identify potential and existing risks affecting MBS disclosure and trusts. Manage and implement system or process enhancements. Partner with technology business stakeholders to manage and monitor the implementation of systems enhancements projects, ensuring their appropriate impact on MBS disclosure operations and systems. Partner with stakeholders in Multifamily Business, Investor Relations, Legal, Treasury, Capital Markets, and Mortgage Operations to mitigate risks to the MBS Program from transaction, reporting, and system enhancement activities. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage disclosure operations staff to ensure that daily and periodic at-issuance and ongoing disclosure activities are performed timely, accurately, and completely, and meet service-level agreements with investors. Work with team to analyze discrepancies and determine root causes and report on issues that have significant impact to the corporation.
- Oversee ad hoc analysis and problem resolution for disclosure-related inquiries from securities investors, data vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Lead the testing and data analysis for enhancements to the disclosure-related product and system initiatives. Develop project scope and requirements documents in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle requirements. Conduct project reviews to trace the scope and requirements through to technology solutions, schedules, and quality management plans.
- Manage the production workflow for pool change requests. Authorize complex pool data changes to ensure compliance with securitization policy and trust agreements.
- R emain current with MBS compliance policy requirements and adjust operations as necessary. Maintain a solid understanding of the business drivers and processes. Increase knowledge, competence and scope of responsibility to contribute to the goals of the Multifamily Business and MBS Program Office.
- Manage the ongoing evaluation, documentation, and improvement in the control environment. Implement changes to address risk and control gaps. Ensure that processes, policies, and procedures are current, documented, followed, maintained, and stored.
- Monitor incidents and report relevant incidents to management in compliance with corporate operational risk management policy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a production team in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines
- Evidence of managing complex stakeholder relationships and ability to meet business needs
- Proven ability to effectively develop staff, strengthen team capability, and manage resource capacity
- Seasoned manager with demonstrated abilities to transform teams in a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Solid organizational, adaptability and problem solving skills
- Sound judgment skills essential to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of our Multifamily markets and understanding of MBS Disclosures
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Browsers, and email
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.