Prudential is seeking a highly motivated Manager to aid in the evolution of an expanding Service Team in Group Insurance. The incumbent filling this role will be instrumental in the development, execution, and integration of an innovative Service Model to provide an industry leading customer experience in collaboration with Group Insurance’s Distribution Organization.
As Manager, you’ll be challenged with evolving the current Service Excellence Team to expand its reach and surpass our customers’ expectations. You will work directly with GI Distribution and GI Service Leaders to implement state-of-the-art service capabilities, develop staff and onboard talent across the US, and collaborate with Service Partners to close existing process gaps.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your analytical abilities through Customer Inquiry Trending, flex your talent mindset through implementing creative solutions to GI Service Gaps, and work your people skills through continued partnership with Premier Distribution and Group Insurance Leaders.
Come experience Prudential Group Insurance’s exciting and flourishing Service Organization where you will be encouraged to think differently, cultivate new ideas, push your creative boundaries, and expand you and your staffs’ abilities.
- Responsible for performance management of their assigned work staff.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and coaching their assigned work staff.
- Responsible for leading staff, with staff located in virtual offices across the continental United States.
- Serve as an escalation point for significant customer situations, which entails Compliance, Regulatory, or Procedural Risks to the organization.
- Responsible for mitigating escalated customer situations, which entails Compliance, Regulatory, or Procedural Risks to the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the tracking and resolution of Distribution submitted customer inquiries and trending results to identify/implement proactive back office solutions in partnership with Distribution and Service Leaders.
- Knowledgeable of Compliance, Service, and Distribution policies and procedures and familiarity with the Group Insurance products, services, administration systems and Service Model methodology is preferred.
- Maintain ability and authority to grant process exceptions due to home office errors.
- Oversight of departmental budget, with responsibility for managing expenses including salary and travel expenses.
- Proactively work with internal partners to eliminate discovered areas that need improvement to enhance our customer service delivery
- Travel to satellite offices to meet with staff, Distribution personnel, and local customer base.
- Minimum of 5 years operational and/or relationship management experience, to include 1 or more years of people leadership experience.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; MBA or advanced education a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract themes and meaningful opportunities from large data sets.
- Knowledge of Group Insurance Products and Sales/Service Model, preferred
- Professional presence and ability to provide executive level presentations required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently to develop staff, process, and business relationships.
- Proven leadership and change-management skills, team-orientated, and a proactive and optimistic management style.
- Strong ability to motivate others
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate organizational objectives to associates and coordinate work efforts of others.
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on location