Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Manager, Site Services World Headquarters located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $65 billion in 2011 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Purpose of the Role:
The Manager Site Services will manage the day-to-day execution of employees, contractors, vendor compliance and overall financial management of Site Services delivery (Hospitality, Food, Cleaning, Mail, Shipping/Receiving, Campus Communications and Reprographics) needs across multiple sites at the World Headquarters campus in New Brunswick.
The Manager Site Services must work with leaders in all parts of our business to implement effective services and solutions. S/he must drive a standardized and harmonized approach to site services across the campus to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. In pursuit of this vision, s/he will interact with all levels of employees, vendors and local regulatory agencies relating to facility-related services, safety and planning; collaborate with senior corporate & business leaders; work with EFM leaders, Americas sub-regional service managers, COE Supplier Governance and Finance partners to understand business requirements, translating them into long term strategic plans for a consistent supplier relationship.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of approximately 10-15 employees in the delivery of effective strategies, policies and best practices for site services.
- Provide financial and strategic planning for individual’s area of responsibility to ensure continuous improvement of set service standards and processes.
- Ensure vendors meet financial, quality and contractual targets/agreements. Act as liaison with business leaders, department managers and other internal and external clients to forecast workload demand and project deliverables.
- Manage, plan, coordinate, schedule and oversee the workload, deadlines and day-to-day activities of the support team members to ensure effective delivery of services. Work with business leaders to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Maximize team productivity, improve efficiencies and manage costs through review, analysis and implementation of streamlined, effective administrative and support processes.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure processes are responsive to evolving business needs.
- Ensure the best value in the use of resources and seek efficiencies in the way services are provided through training, development and continuous improvement practices.
- Ensure all services and programs are delivered within financial targets and are delivered on time and meet high quality standards. Oversee vendor estimates, contract documentation, schedule of rates and specifications in accordance with best practices and company policies.
- Builds robust customer relationships with a diverse set of corporate & business leaders to learn & understand business plans in order to translate them into facility and services plans.
- Maintain the customer relationship on key capital projects leading to the transformation of the Campus and the J&J Workplace Experience.
- Provide formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommend staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plan and monitor appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepare and deliver performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies.
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values and high customer service standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; related field (facilities services management, procurement, or similar) is preferred
- Minimum 8 years facilities management experience or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years financial contract management experience is preferred. Professional certifications (Lean, Six Sigma Green / Black belt) preferred
- The successful candidate will have a strong record of accomplishment in a corporate hospitality environment.
- S/he will be a strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with key business leaders.
- S/he will have the ability to manage projects and teams, develop creative solutions, explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
- S/he will demonstrate strong business acumen that includes experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously and to collaborate in a, team-oriented environment and influence through a matrix organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills are required to partner well with employees and vendors at all levels.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills are required.
- Analytical decision making, design and problem solving, financial analysis and business case preparation.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.