McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
McKesson is in business for better health. Ranked #11 on the Fortune 500 list, we are the largest healthcare company in the United States. Our company plays an integral role in the U.S. healthcare ecosystem, serving more than 50% of American hospitals, 20% of U.S. physicians, 96% of the Top 25 health plans, and delivering one-third of all medications prescribed every day in North America.
In addition, through McKesson Canada and Celesio in Europe, we are a leading international provider of healthcare logistics and services. Our proactive and preventive solutions help pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals, providers and other health care institutions across the globe ensures that millions of patients receive the products and support they need for better health.
We believe that higher-quality care comes when healthcare organizations across settings are truly healthy. McKesson provides the products, technology and resources they need to operate more effectively, lower costs and improve patient health.
McKesson’s Corporate Strategy & Business Development team (CSBD) is responsible for developing and deploying strategies to protect and grow the enterprise. CSBD operates at the highest levels within the organization and, as such, is seeking a strategically-minded, results-driven Manager who will support the identification, evaluation, and communication of strategic opportunities across the organization.
The CSBD Sr. Manager will be tasked with supporting CSBD and business unit leadership in planning, delivering, and implementing high-priority strategic projects that advance McKesson’s competitive position in support of the enterprise mission to achieve better business health for the company and its customers. Responsibilities for the Manager role may include:
- Establishing analytical frameworks and conducting complex business analyses
- Conducting external research and data gathering
- Synthesizing market data into business insights
- Supporting CSBD and BU leadership in achieving project objectives
- Owning discrete threads of work and driving analysis to successful completion
- Managing project timelines and stakeholder expectations
- Developing productive working relationships with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Creating high-quality presentations / deliverables for internal and external audiences
- Contributing to the strength of CSBD’s team culture and community
- 5+ years of prior strategy or healthcare consulting and / or relevant industry experience
In order to be successful in this challenging and high-visibility role, the successful candidate will have a track record of:
- Prefer health care industry experience
- Quickly climbing the learning curve in new subject areas
- Building a strong working knowledge of the stakeholders and dynamics in healthcare
- Supporting the delivery of high-impact strategic projects
- Driving complex company and market analyses
- Dealing with ambiguity and putting structure around problems / tasks with limited guidance
- Establishing collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Applying strategic and analytical thinking to deliver business insights
- Managing discrete threads of work independently and delivering high-quality work products
- Demonstrating versatility and adaptability in order to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Communicating and presenting to senior-level executives
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or other relevant field
- MBA or other relevant Masters program preferred
General office demands. Occasional travel (~ 20%).Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
You’re mission driven and so are we. Your military experience aligns to open jobs at McKesson, and we need you to help deliver our mission of helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.