Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 44,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2017, Yum! Brands was named among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to approximately 50 percent in 2016. We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with over 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With less than 3 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to approximately 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our mission is to build the world’s most loved, trusted and fastest growing restaurant brands. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into iconic, distinctive and relevant global brands.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our 1.5 million employees around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is great place to be yourself, grow and make a difference.Job Description: This position is responsible for managing the quarterly and annual worldwide tax accounting and reporting process for Yum Brands, Inc. and subsidiaries.
Minimum Requirements: BS, Accounting; CPA certification 10 years of relevant corporate tax experience in public accounting or large multi-national company Excellent process management, organizational and time management skills Experience with tax provision software, preferably OneSource.Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of the quarterly and annual global tax provision in accordance with US GAAP using OneSource Tax Provision software.
- Manage the income tax reserve process, including the identification, analysis and reporting of uncertain tax positions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Manage the SOX 404 internal control procedures for the tax provision processes, ensure all processes are properly documented and tested.
- Assist with the development and the reporting of information required for all quarterly and annual SEC income tax disclosures.
- Partner with members of the tax planning group to ensure the consequences of planning strategies are properly included in the effective tax rate.
- Manage the return to provision and tax basis balance sheet review processes for domestic and foreign entities
- Monitor and analyze proposed and enacted changes in accounting standards and tax law. Communicate consequences to Management and ensure proper financial statement reporting.
- Leverage technology and automation to enhance and simplify global tax accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepare and present information related to the quarterly effective tax rate to Senior Management.
A little about us:
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 43,000 restaurants in more than 130 countries and territories.