Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday has immediate openings in Application Development for an experienced software application development manager. You will lead a dynamic team of software developers and will be responsible for delivering a new generation of SaaS solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses, built using the most modern technologies and development methodologies, providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability.
About the Role:
• Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain Workday products
• Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity
• Plan, releases and schedule development
• Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks
• Track and report progress of the project against key milestones
• Balance resources with task assignments
• Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project
• Coordinate projects that span multiple teams
• Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
• Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
• Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
• Passionate about software development and building strong engineering team
• Ability to motivate and inspire the team
• 3+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers, including remote developers
• 8+ years commercial enterprise software experience
• Multiple years of OO software design and development experience
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience in Test Driven development
• Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
• Experience with Financials industry is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.