Find Your Forward as a Manager Software Development at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our Software Development team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
- Open Solutions, was acquired by Fiserv in 2013. DNA®, the core product of Open Solutions Division provides collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for banks, thrifts and credit unions, along with a full range of surround solutions.
- DNA® from Fiserv is a modern, flexible, real-time account processing platform with a unique open architecture and a person-centered data model.
- It helps financial institutions operate more efficiently, capture complete customer relationships and adapt to changing business needs.
- Open Solutions offers DNACreator, a tool that banks and credit unions use to create their own apps for the DNA platform.
We are seeking a Manager Software Development
- This management position will help proliferate a more architectural approach to enterprise software development. This would allow better up-front design focus for new features being added to DNA. This role will also incorporate a focus on performance within DNA helping the team with proper tooling needed to test performance and proper architecting principles to avoid non-performant designs. In the role, you would be able to monitor all new feature development, as well as maintenance to DNA to ensure that solid design and development principles are followed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of architects for the Deposit and Loan groups in US and India
- Provide definition and oversight to proper architectural design processes for team members
- Provide oversight for architects that are responsible for initial design and development of new software or extensive software revisions
- Provide performance tooling and guidance to team members
- Will work with project managers, architects, and developers with management of new feature development including planning appropriate architect for project, estimation of projects, execution of project as general oversight, and project close out.
- Will help with process improvement for SDLC, specifically regarding the architect's roles
- Help define and document new or existing architecture of DNA or new features
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience required
- Architecture experience required
- Supervisory/Management experience required
- Business related travel (not more than 40% may be required).
- Frequent or extended travel to Glastonbury, CT office may be required during initial training period, depending on candidate's previous experience and familiarity with DNA core banking software. Could require at least one trip to visit India based team members and additional trips as needed.
A little about us: