Manager, Software Engineering
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 27, 2016
Reference ID: 170238BR
Isilon Storage Division of EMC2 is seeking an experienced Engineer manager to join our Certification Test team. This role will directly impact the improvement of the quality of released code to our customers. In this position, you will be leading a team of software engineers. The Engineering Manager interacts with Development and Validation teams, Program Management, Product Management, Information Development, In market Engineering, Corporate System Engineers and Global Services. The Certification team is responsible for running and automating system and product level tests, filing defects, assisting in root cause analysis of defects, driving the resolution of defects, monitoring regression test case runs and lists, and assuming the role of the customer. To that point, you will be directly responsible in helping to prevent issues from reaching our customers.
Career paths in the Isilon Storage Division are paved by those who believe they have the ability to make a difference. Employees in our company are not confined into a very narrow set of responsibilities. It is this drive to innovate, to do the right thing, that will encourage you to do whatever it takes to further engineering as a whole, the company, and your career.
Buzz words: Scale-out Storage, NAS, Cluster, SMB/NFS, OneFS File System, Quota, Dedupe, Snapshot, Storage Management
• Solid experience developing overall objectives, establishing costs and schedules for engineering test and release cycles.
• Span of control ranges between 4 and 10 employees.
• Hire, develop and retain world-class talent.
• Ensures the team has everything they need to perform well.
• Experience managing and tracking the progress of a mid-sized Test Engineering team including evaluating performance and motivating and mentoring individuals to improve technical and leadership skills.
• Understand technological and production software concepts such as performance metrics and data gathering, system integration, stress, and longevity testing.
• Experience shipping successful products and understand software development life cycles.
• Manages to test development processes.
• Applicants will have experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, Perl, or sh/bash scripting.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, e.g. negotiation, conflict resolution, etc.
• A Computer Science or other technical degree is preferred.
EMC continues to grow in the Pacific Northwest. Our EMC Isilon Storage Division in Seattle is located in historic Pioneer Square. Our beautiful new home overlooks Elliot Bay and we are in the heart of the action in this vibrant part of downtown. There are lots of public transit options are at our doorstep, and we offer free Orca Card transit passes to all employees. Our facility is built to the highest green standards. Join one of Seattle’s fastest growing technology players at EMC in Pioneer Square.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software, Engineering - Other
205 - ISILON
US - Washington - Seattle