Manages engineers performing multiple and varied engineering tasks and specialties. Responsible for developing work plans, establishing technical objectives and assigning tasks. Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met. Identifies and recommends changes to established practices and policies. Regularly interacts with supervisors, peer managers, and employees within and beyond a particular function. Requires in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility. Often plays a proactive role in developing and applying new approaches to engineering design and development. Authorizes the resources necessary to achieve organizational goals. Participates in and is accountable for cross functional initiatives and collaboration, which may have significant impact on business results.
**PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
• Establishes goals for subordinates that are aligned with EMC policies and standards. Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met.
• Develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals.
• Collaborates cross functionally with engineering employees and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information, fosters teamwork and collaboration.
• May be accountable for managing a budget.
• Accountable for HR processes and actions.
• Develops solutions to difficult problems, which may require ingenuity and creativity, communicates progress toward project/program goals; influences future product/program direction.
• Manages the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibility.
• Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs and technical knowledge.
• Time management skills.
• Ability to influence others to achieve results.
• Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software
400 - SECURITY
US - Kansas - Overland Park