**Manager, UI Engineering**
RSA is seeking a development manager with a passion for delivering high quality software in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working on a product that organizations worldwide depend on to detect, investigate, and take targeted action against tomorrow’s most sophisticated cyber attacks. Your team’s work will populate the screens of security operations centers across the planet. You will collaborate with some of best and brightest minds and have fun doing it!
**What We Can Offer You:**
• The chance to develop unique solutions to today's most advanced cyber threat challenges using state of the art technology
• Highly competitive compensation and generous health benefits
• Tuition reimbursement
• Flexible work schedule to accommodate tough commutes and work/life balance
• Happy hours and team outings. Release parties with lawn games
• 401k match
• Free onsite fitness facilities
• Manage the development and delivery of the foundational elements of our web platform including our threat analyst workflows including Investigation and Dashboard UIs.
• Lead our transition from a web monolith to a modern, microservice web architecture backed by Spring Boot/NGINX and fronted by EmberJS.
• Drive and maintain a high bar of quality, accountability and passion for developing software.
• Build high functioning, engaged dev teams that are laser focused on rapidly delivering working software and devouring user feedback.
• Work closely with our Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX Designers, Dev Managers and other key stakeholders to clarify product requirements and set reasonable expectations for how and when things will be delivered.
• Recruit, hire and retain top talent to continue to raise the bar.
• Develop close relationships with developers of varying skill sets through active mentoring and offering regular, candid feedback.
**What We’re Looking For:**
• 5+ years of experience designing, developing and delivering highly interactive web UIs.
• 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams either in a tech lead or manager role.
• Very knowledgeable about the technical aspects of developing and deploying scalable web applications. Comfortable asking hard questions and having deep technical discussions up and down the stack to help teams make the right decisions.
• Comfortable taking manageable risks and experienced in leading teams through major technical and architectural transitions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
• Effective communication skills with a bias towards closing loops and clarifying major decisions.
• Proactive, self-guided learner who enjoys keeping up with the latest in web application development.
• A believer in Agile Scrum. Able to work with teams to decompose abstract epics into estimable user stories.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
• Eligible to work in the United States and located in or willing to relocate to the Northern Virginia area.
Learn more about RSA NetWitness by watching the product in action Detecting the Heartbleed Vulnerability.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software
400 - SECURITY
US - Virginia - Reston