Manager, Software Engineering-Java
Who we are:
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. In December 2015, Capital One was named a Blue Ribbon Company by Fortune Magazine as one of only 25 companies in the world to make their top company lists four times in 2015 (Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, Global 500, Fortune 500, World’s Most Admired Companies). Capital One was also named as Top Workplace in the Greater Chicago area for 2015 by The Chicago Tribune and 5th among the large companies.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business.
You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge Open Source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big & Fast Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies which may include: node.js, Java, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, iOS, Android, and AWS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Front End , Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 7 years’ experience with Java Web technologies and Tomcat, Jboss or Apache
- At least 5 years’ experience with Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks
- At least 5 years’ experience with RESTful API’s and API lifecycle.
- At least 3 Year experience RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 3 years of experience leading other Software Engineers
- 2 + years of experience in Maven-Gradle , Spring Integration, Spring batch
- 2 + years’ experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2 + years’ experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 2 + years’ experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 2 + years’ experience using scripting languages Ruby, Python or Perl
Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.