Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1017413
What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for a dynamic, take-charge Solution Engineering Manager with technical depth and hands-on experience to manage a team of Solution Engineers focused on developing Hyper Converged and Software Defined Storage solutions on Cisco UCS platforms. Responsibilities include people management, meeting project deadlines, technical solution assessment, working with partners and customers.
• Managing a team of solution engineers responsible for delivering deployment ready solutions typically in the form of Cisco Validated Designs
• Actively participate in Solution designs that are ready for Data Center Deployments meeting critical customer needs such High Availability, Performance and Scalability.
• Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise at an end-to-end solution level covering all aspects of the solution - Compute, Network, Storage, Application, Use case etc.
• Deep collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and appropriate go to market activities.
• Development of marketing and sales collateral
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Unified Computing System ramped from zero to $3B+ annual revenue within seven years. UCS is the top-selling x86 blade platform in the Americas and number two globally with more than 52,000 customers. We didn't surpass competitors with decades of head start by playing "me-too." UCS changed the game with ease-of-use, performance, and innovation that continues to power our strong growth.
Solutions are at the forefront of UCS growth. UCS Solutions team is a world class team responsible for over $1.5 Billion dollars of UCS business.
Who You Are
• 10+ years of experience in technology industry with proven management experience.
•Deep understanding of Server technologies, Solutions and Networking technology.
•Strong domain knowledge on Software Defined Storage technology with hands-on experience in developing/implementing Data Center solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Able to synthesize complex technical and market issues, develop insights into and solutions for those challenges, and gain acceptance and commitment from others
• Proven ability to manage diverse team, complex business goals, collaborate with partners outside the core business, and lead teams across decentralized organizations
• BSEE/CS or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
• Up to 25% travel out of the Bay Area
• Position is local to San Jose, California, with ongoing presence required in the office for team interaction and customer briefings
This position must reside in San Jose, CA.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: Software Defined Network (SDN), Data Center
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.