Description Manager Solutions is responsible for the discretionary management of the firm's model portfolios and solutions and has current AUM greater than $20 billion. The team implements Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's Global Investment Committee (GIC) asset allocation recommendations by using an array of Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, and ETFs. In addition, Manager Solutions is responsible for supporting the education of Financial Advisors on portfolio construction and risk management.
This position is for a Quantitative Portfolio Analyst, with an emphasis on multi-manager portfolio construction. The position involves working with multiple asset classes towards the development and enhancement of quantitative portfolio construction analytics in support of the Manager Solutions team. The analyst will work closely with Portfolio Managers and participate in investment committee meetings that include senior management.
The Analyst will work with Portfolio Managers to maintain and develop new analytics that support portfolio construction and performance monitoring. The Analyst will be responsible for providing ex-ante and ex-post multi-asset portfolio analysis using existing portfolio construction tools as well as creating new tools to facilitate further analysis. Responsibilities include data collection, automation and generation of regular portfolio monitoring reporting, and attribution analysis. The role will also require the individual to take initiative and responsibility in screening existing universes of managers and products to identify attractive investment opportunities.
Qualifications • Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Understanding of portfolio theory and its application
• History of creating access databases, fluency in excel based analysis, using Visual Basic & SQL is a plus
• Knowledge in model development, risk modeling and portfolio optimization
• Proficiency in portfolio construction, performance analytics and macroeconomics is a plus
• Solid knowledge and interest of financial markets, as well as risk return characteristics of different asset classes
• Familiarity with vendor risk systems such as Barra One, Factset and Morningstar Direct
• Self-motivated, team player with a strong work ethic, high level of maturity with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with senior personnel internally specifically writing and presentation skills
Experience • Several years of experience performing quantitative, risk or portfolio construction analysis
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Math, Finance, or Economics)
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably in a quantitative role
• Prefer MBA or CFA, or progress towards one of the two
• Series 7 and 66
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.