Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: POSITION OBJECTIVE
The Manager, Special Projects will work on both strategic and operational initiatives for the Global Operational Excellence group and will play a key supporting role in the annual planning process.
The qualified resource should be comfortable working on a team and in a matrix environment. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager, Special Projects will be responsible for additional activities, including but not limited to:
- Partner with team members to continuously improve and streamline the operational dashboards and reports that the team provides to the organization
- Provide project management support to new initiatives developed by the Operational Reporting and Special Projects team
The Manager, Special Projects will report to the AVP Operational Reporting and Special Projects and will also interface with other team members across the group, as well as key Line of Business and functional teams on project based work.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; MBA preferred but not required
- A minimum of 5 years of business experience
- Experience working for a top tier consulting firm - i.e., Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Deloitte
- Demonstrated strategic planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, and the ability to craft a compelling story via a PowerPoint deck
- The ideal candidate will also have the following personal attributes:
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with limited supervision
- Attention to detail
- Process rigor and diligence
- Fast learner able to quickly understand complex processes and issues
- C reative and flexible in attitude and style; able to adapt to new situations
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.