Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Strategic Analytics team is looking for a hands-on analytical thought leader to collaborate with the Director, Strategic Analytics Product & Content who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to solve complex business questions through data. Your work directly influences highly visible business decisions.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to collaborate and build successful and strong relationships with the business partners including product and content teams to find game changing insights through quantitative analysis facilitated by accurate experimental design.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analysis that drives meaningful change on KPIs and critical objectives established by the organization.
- Be adept at managing competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Have experience working and joining together large, disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing and teamwork while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun.
- Prepare easy to follow & succinct documents summarizing findings / insights and actions
- Deep understanding of the TV landscape from both the programmer and distributor perspective
- Supports fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately.
- Provides input into quantitative research approaches and models to be used and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address client problems.
- Supports the establishment of policies, standards, best practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality work product
- Recommends alternative solutions or adjustments to solutions to correct problems or solidify successes in the perspective of current and proposed operating strategies.
- Sticks to defined goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with Managers, leads, and end-users community in all business areas
- Highly Proficient in SQL, R, and/or SAS, other relational database analytical tools, as well as a willingness to pick up new skills in this area.
- Big Data Experience a plus working with Hortonworks/Hadoop
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying the "so what" from multiple and disparate sources of information
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel Self-professed "data geek"
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- "Lean forward" bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills ability to "tell the story"
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis
Preferred Educational Level:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- 6-9 years working experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer