Responsible for leading sourcing and process optimization initiatives to optimize Tufts Health Plan in Indirect Categories related categories across all of Tufts Health Plan (including IT, Professional Services, Marketing etc.). The ideal candidate will possess: 1.) 7+ years of experience leading strategic sourcing and operational/value generating initiatives 2.) Knowledge and expertise within Indirect Categories, 3.) The strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent. 4.) Consistent track record of delivering business impact in a complex global corporate environment and 5.) The vision and implementation skills required to drive spend management excellence in complex categories.
Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, business acumen, influencing skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are also critical.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Strategic Sourcing (50%): Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total value in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
* Executes strategic sourcing initiatives following the 7-step Sourcing Methodology
* Gathers stakeholder and subject-matter expertise/insights and market intelligence to ensure sourcing solutions meet business needs
* Assess supplier capabilities and identify new suppliers
* Analyze supplier proposals and facilitate fact-based supplier selection process
* Prepare and present business cases and should-cost models; performs complex data analysis and build financial models (i.e. ROI, NPV, supplier scorecards, savings tracking, make vs. buy decision models)
* Analyze and summarize RFP responses and results and prepare recommendations for Senior Management
* Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiations to maximize total value and minimize risks for Tufts Health Plan
* Establishes contract terms and conditions and coordinates with legal to execute contracts with suppliers that optimize the partnership Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
* Ensure savings are delivered in a timely manner and ensure Tufts Health Plan realizes expected benefits
* Drive continuous improvements post project
* Support Tufts Health Plan's supplier diversity and sustainability goals by increasing use or opportunity of suppliers in all commodity areas and by tracking opportunities to increase impact
Category Management (20%): Provide sourcing category expertise for related indirect goods and services categories
* Develop category strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements
* Partner with the business to build influence, evaluate and challenge the status quo. Identify and obtains buy-in for category strategy and value opportunities
* Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities beyond sourcing, such as demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, innovation, etc.
* Actively drives value beyond cost -- e.g., growth, innovation, risk management
* Regularly monitors the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts such as supply consolidation, technology innovations, etc.
Supplier Relationship Management (20%): Establishes and manages the governance processes with suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope. .
* Develops qualified, competitive sources of supply on a continuing basis through comprehensive financial and market review
* Implements strategies to best manage the supplier base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations
* Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
* Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance and develop new capabilities
* Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third party providers
* When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and work with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient resolution.
Continuous Improvement (10%): Work with teams post projects to identify continuous improvement initiatives. Identifies costs drivers to increase cost awareness and influence cost consciousness.
* Identifies, oversees, pursues and manages re-engineering, value engineering and demand management opportunities to enhance operational effectiveness, interfacing with cross-functional teams
* Develops implementation and transition plans acting as a change agent
* Implements and drives procurement strategy, policies and procedures.
* Enforces compliance to procurement policies and works to increase adoption