Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favorite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support their need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success.
eBay is comprised of three leading brands: eBay Marketplaces, StubHub, and eBay Classifieds. eBay Marketplaces is an $8.8 billion revenue division of eBay and one of the world’s largest online marketplaces.
The collective impact of our individual buyers and sellers, small businesses, and international brands on ecommerce is immense:
• 164 million active buyers in 190 countries
• 1 billion live listings
• Over $82 billion transacted within the last year
eBay Marketplaces Strategy partners directly with the CEO and senior leaders of eBay to drive high-impact business results for the company. The team also works directly with the Board of Directors on navigating strategic decisions for Marketplaces.
The Marketplaces Strategy team is seeking qualified candidates for the Strategy Manager role to lead key projects across businesses and geographies, which will deliver results in 2016 and beyond. Career advancement within Strategy as well as into the business (e.g., Product Management, Verticals, Data Science, and New Business Development) is highly encouraged and supported.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellence in the following:
• Problem solving: work with senior executives to identify, scope, and structure key strategy initiatives
• Relationship building: partner with cross-functional teams and become a “go-to” thought partner for key decision makers
• Senior-level communications: structure, prepare, and present well-designed and logical documents to senior management and command a senior audience
• Results orientation: self-manage and direct junior resources to deliver superior results
• MBA from top-tier school
• Demonstrated interest in ecommerce, retail, social media, payments, mobile, or technology
• 2+ years of strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy strongly preferred
• Fun team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing uncertainty
• Available to work in one of the following locations:
-San Jose, CA
-San Francisco, CA
-New York, NY
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.