Manager, Supply Chain Management
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
Keeping the ball rolling is your forte. And it just so happens to be the strength of the Capital One Enterprise Supplier Management team, too.
If you’re a bright and organized individual, then we’d love to welcome you to a fast-paced team of innovators that know how to get the job done. And at one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll continue to grow and be challenged in the place you’ve been looking for all along. We hope you join us today.
The Manager, Supplier Management is responsible for working with the Capital One Digital organization to effectively match internal needs with third party capabilities. In this role, you will understand internal client needs and strategic focus, work with them to identify the right third parties to engage with to meet those needs, and manage on-going supplier relationships, including onboarding, performance management and strategy development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal customers. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal customers.
- Collaborate with external partners. Nurture relationships with key third parties in support of internal initiatives and priorities.
- Develop supplier management strategies and communications for suppliers under your management
- Ensure policies around sourcing, contracting and third party management are adhered to and appropriate documentation exists for third parties under management
- Manage suppliers in accordance with regulatory third and fourth party risk management requirements
You should have:
- Understanding of and passion for technology and innovation
- Demonstrable autonomy and drive to operate independently when required, bringing clear thinking and reasoning in the decision making process.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships including learning the services under management so as to aid the communication with their customers, understand the parameters and look for opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in an autonomous environment; ability to generate and pursue ideas; complex project management skills; written and verbal communications;
- Significant experience working with a combination of startups and larger, more established businesses
- Experience in outsourcing and/or implementation of large projects that required a diverse team of associates.
- Experience managing large scale, enterprise supplier relationships from a contracting, sourcing and ongoing risk management perspective.
- Experience working with suppliers and the sales cycle, including managing day-to-day supplier issues (e.g. operations disruptions, invoicing issues)
- Experience leading business and legal negotiations
- Experience in dispute resolution and supplier adherence to contractual commitments
- Experience in strategy development, process design and project delivery
- Consulting experience or relevant change management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in sourcing, or at least 3 years of experience in contracting, or at least 3 years of experience in supplier risk management
- 1 year of experience working in a startup environment, or 1 year experience working with digital product managers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.